Wednesday, October 26, 2011

LA CONCIENCIA DE LA MESTIZA: TOWARD A NEW CONSCIOUSNESS?? BY GLORIA ANZALDUA

LA CONCIENCIA DE LA MESTIZA

REFLECTION:

First of all, she faces the challenges to be an interracial woman .  This means she comes from a mix relationship between a white man and aboriginal woman. Second of all, she is a woman and she emphasizes the fact that it is difficult as it is for a woman to lie in this men world's imagine how difficult it would be for a mestiza woman.  Third of all, she is also a homosexual, which adds even more salt to her miseries.

As this author I have faced equal problems sometimes in my life. I'm a hispanic  woman who came to this country looking for the american dream.  Having to learned another language, another costume, make new friends .  Every day became a challenge for me.

Having to face the problems of inequality and gender discrimination at times of my life.

1 comment:

  1. I thought you might connect with this piece... would love to hear more about what you thought the author was saying about being "la mestiza"...

    ReplyDelete